Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Logorrhea Unbound: A Dedication

Dear Reader,

At your insistence I have begun this blog. It is a humble, though auspicious beginning. Who can say they started a blog with a guaranteed audience? If providence smiles, then perhaps you shall soon have company, dearest reader. So let this be my dedication to you.

But here comes the fine print. (Since changing the font size frequently speaks of mental derangement, let's let this be a metaphorical, devil-in-the-details sort of thing.) Everyone has some responsibility for their own amusement. This is yours: you have to read whatever mediocrities I post, but you have to chastize me for them.

2 comments:

  1. A superbly christened blog - Saki should be sprinkled more liberally across today's media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I think Brecht should be similarly distributed. In fact, I think they would have made a great couple (though I'm not sure BB went for blokes). The problem of any couple is whether they ameliorate or exacerbate each other's bad qualities. One always hopes it's more the former, but it's often more the latter. If their love worked well, Saki would pull Brecht out of his Stalinist dogma, while Brecht would pull Saki out of his self-loathing.

    ReplyDelete